Thursday, March 12, 2009

Gotta Love Tillamook!


We went to Tillamook this last weekend. We visit Tillamook quite a bit actually, but this was the first time that we actually stayed overnight there. There is nothing better than 2 days at the Tillamook Cheese Factory! We ate SO much cheese and ice cream...it was awesome. We visited a little beach called Oceanside. My friend Liz tipped us off to this little town. It's only 10-15 minutes from the cheese factory and was such a quiet, cute little town and beach. There was this really cool tunel/cave that went from one side of a HUGE rock to the other. That way, if you were on one side of the beach when the tide came in, you could safely get back to the other side. I love Cheese!
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Super Cooper said...

Why cant i live in Oregon? I miss it, and my family so much! Maybe someday? Mmmmmmm Tillamook.

Brandon and Angela Hoopes said...

How fun! I love cheese, too. I think I love ice cream even more! We miss the Gladstone Ward! Hope everything is well!

Tracey G said...

That sounds very fun! Too bad you didn't ask me for tips, cause I could have told you about the place my band used to play at Rockaway, which is a 1/2 hr from Tillamook, that is now a Strip Club. Your loss.

Jake Ten Pas said...

Clearly, you didn't eat enough cheese and ice cream if you had enough energy left to take these photos and write this entry. ;-> We usually have to be wheeled out on stretchers. We wanted you to know that your blog has been chosen as our Post of the Day at www.tillamookfanclub.com.
Stop by and check it out, and let us know if you ever find a tunnel that leads directly into the Cheese Factory.
Best,
Jake Ten Pas
Tillamook Cheese Fan Club

grammy said...

Rachelle....OH MY HECK!!! Kara told
me about you, so I just had to check up on you... YOU are so gorgeous!! Still as funny as ever! Remember sis Fletcher? now I am sis shumway. Living in GA. Every one thinks i am crazy,(just the same as always!)I LOVE YOU! Darling family with an amazing mom! hugs and kisses.... Vicki